Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sweet Whimsy!

We discovered a cute little pastry shop in Long Grove during our visit this time. It's called Sweet Whimsy. It was the cutest little shop I have ever seen!
The decor was super cute. There was little sitting area of to the side where you can watch everyone bake the goodies.
 It reminded me of a cute little coffee shop, but without all the fuss.  It had a very comfy feel to it, which I loved.
 I love the fact that you can watch them bake.
 Here were some of the goodies that they offered.
 Craig and my mom make their selections!
 Here are some of the yummy items that came home with us! My goodie bag held this little strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream, and white chocolate chips on top. When we went outside, the wind blew my little cupcake over and smashed it. The girl at the counter (the owner's sister, was the nicest girl ever, she gave me another one to blog about!)
 Craig took home a little S'more bar. He loves S'mores, as you all know...
 This was a Magic bar. It had coconut, chocolate chips and nuts in it.
 My mom picked up a Bacon and Cheddar Scone.
 She also grabbed some Chocolate chip and sugar cookies.
 I picked up a 1/2 dozen of these little friends called Mema'a Vanilla Bean cookies.
If you get a chance to go, check them out. They offer classes if you are interested in learning how to make some goodies on your own. Upon more digging on their website, I found out that they do a lot for the community, and 15% of their proceeds go to "Eating for a Cause" and "Making a difference" which is dedicated to finding a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.  That is "Sweet!"
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...