Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our Snowy Adventure!

My hubby and me decided to take a trip back to Illinois last week.  They had a huge blizzard the other day, and we decided that we did not want to miss out on this. So off we went, driving through Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and finally to Illinois. Why drive you ask? I don't know, it was his idea. No really, why? Well, the last time we took a road trip was about 5 or 6 years ago, and we decided that it was time. So off we went. I don't have a lot of great pics to show you. It was going to take us two days to get there, so we went as fast as we could. This was the first time that we had taken Steiner on a trip. So we weren't really sure how that was going to go. However he was a rock star, and basically slept the whole time. Anyway, here are some pics of our trip!
Day One! Here is me and Steiner in the car ready to go!
 Have you even seen the Goofy movie? There is this one song about being out on the open road, and this pic totally reminds me of that song. If not here it is.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsLFBoaSoAI
 So this is our third stop in Florida.  It was starting to look a little shady outside, so we decided we better get Steiner out for a break before anything hits.Well it hit....big time, like hurricane big time.
 No good my friends....no good
 I lost my pillow, and my blanket to Steiner.
So we made it all the way To Franklin Kentucky the first day, which was like 14 hours in. I know, I can't believe it either. We stayed at a pet friendly hotel. I was really nervous about this, because I figured it was going to smell like dogs, or be kind of gross. I was so wrong. I had found a Comfort Inn that was right on the road. It was somewhat new, and had good reviews.  I have to say, it was really nice. The ran out of rooms on the pet friendly 1st floor, so they gave us a room upstairs. Since it was harder for us to get him outside being that it was on the 2nd floor, they discounted our room. So nice! anyway, I wish that I had taken pics of the place before we threw our stuff everywhere, but it was :130 am, and I really didn't care. Bad bad blogger girl.
 This was his first time in hotel, he loved it, and would not sit still. I'm positive the people below probably thought a herd of small elephants were above them. I'll take my calls at my desk please.
The room had a fridge and a microwave..so sweet.
Steiner checking the pad out.
 Here is the bed. Who wants to see a pic of a bed...no one. I took one though, because this bed (and pillows) was the best bed I have ever slept on in a hotel. Usually they are hard, and the pillows stink. Not these bad boys. we couldn't believe it. I wish I had taken pics of the bathroom, (please don't be grossed out.) It was nice too, all marble shower and sink. So pretty, and so clean.  Downstairs there was a fireplace in the lobby, and one in the dining room where they served breakfast. Warm and toasty.  Missed out on that pic though, sorry.
View from the window.
 Stay tuned for day two, and the yummy places we visited on day three!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...