Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Fun!!

Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year!  I love Christmas too, but Halloween is different. The costumes, the decorations, the candy, and all the spooky goodies.....I get excited just thinking about it!  It doesn't hurt that my b-day is in October too.  I was so excited when we moved into our own place because we could decorate, and trust me, decorate we did. So here are some pics from Halloween past and present.  I am still looking for the pics of when we decorated the inside of the house. I posted some pics of our front yard graveyard, our pumpkins, and a Michael Meyers body that we made to scare everyone. It ended up just scaring me all the time, because it was life size. The nights that I was home by myself were not easy, especially because for a month it was a fixture in the living room, and it watched tv with me. No good my friends...no good. I also have some pics of some 3-D cookies we made. We had received some Williams & Sonoma cookie cutters for a gift one year. It came with Pumpkins, witches, cats and a haunted house. They were hard to make, but worth it!  There are also some pics of me and the family at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. We love going because we love being scared.  The haunted houses and scare zones are great! There will be more Halloween pics to come so stay tuned. I also will be putting some pet costume pics up too in my doggies section!  Have a look!


 Here are the Willams & Sonoma Halloween cookie cutters. You bake the different shapes and then place them together. It was a bit hard, but they came out great!!!

 Here is our Michael Meyers. He was really scary. We had him behind a curtain in one of the bedrooms. We put a strobe light in the window under the curtain so at night you would just see flashes of his face. We scared the little boy next door. He would only come halfway into the yard, even after we turned on the lights and showed him that he looked like the below pic, and he was not real.

Above is the video of Michael. It is kind of fuzzy because it was dark, but at about 1:20, you can see why our neighbor was scared.The pic below is from one of the Halloween Horror Nights. It was the first year that my family went with us. It was great for me and Craig because we knew what to expect, they didn't, hahaha.
This is me and my sister, I almost died...
 My husband hates the witch from Wizard of Oz. This isn't her, but she was there too. This was as close as he was getting to one.
 My sister and I.
 I love this pic because they had no idea what was coming, and why I was laughing.
This year was the first year we took pics with characters, because we were scared. This is why. They always wait until you are about to take a pic, then they turn on you, or scream and chase you. I love this pic though!
Some of our pumpkins

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics - we haven't decorated yet - it's sad! I had to laugh - in the bottom one - you sure look like your Mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...