Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pulled Pork

This has to be one of my favorite recipes that my hubby makes.  This may come as a shocker, but before I had met my hubby, I had never had pulled pork. I didn't eat a lot of anything before him. I was very plain Jane. Same old stuff all the time. Now I'll try a lot, not everything, but a lot.  I don't like to blog his recipes because I never really know how much of each ingrediant he uses, which frustrates me as a non cook. I like to know how much of everything that I need, and he can never tell me. He always just says use your judgement, which is slightly annoying. Be prepared, this recipe does take 6 hours to cook, so it's not a Rachel Ray 30 minutes or less. I apologize for that. I also would like to apologize for some of these shots. Did you ever have one of those days where you take a pic, look at it on camera, and then see it blown up and it is blurry. This was one of those days I guess.  Anyway, here goes.
Dry Rub:
3 Tbs Paprika
3 Tbs Coarse Salt
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
1 Tbs Garlic Powder
1 Tbs Dry Mustard
Gloves- yes gloves, or something to cover your hands, they will turn red.

Fresh Boneless Pork Butts (Pictured below)
BBQ Sauce (whatever is your favorite) We use Sweet Baby Rays, 2 bottles.

One large pan (or throw away pan) to cook Pork in.
Foil

This is really easy. Take all of your dry rub ingrediants and put them all in a small bowl.
 Unwrap pork, and place it in a big bowl. This is where you will pour all of your dry rub.
 Mix all of the rub together well.
 Pour some of the rub on the Pork.  Try to spread it on all over the top.
 This is where the gloves come in to play. 

 If you aren't planning on cooking it that day, you can put it in a bag and keep it in the fridge. If you are cooking it that night,  go ahead and put it in the pan.
 We use one of these throw away pans with the lids, that way it's easy to store. Use a different one to store it, not the one you cook it in.
 Here is the Pork after it has been rubbed.
 Cover it with foil, tightly, so that the steam doesn't escape. Cook at 300 degrees, for 6 hours.
This is what it should look like when it comes out. It smells so good!
 Next, take the pork out of the pan, and place it on a cutting board. Get rid of the pan with all the juice in it.  You are going to take two forks, and literally fork it. Hahaha. Sorry. You might have to scrap off the top layer, beause sometimes it can be fatty. Get rid of all the icky stuff, then pull apart the good stuff. Put all the good stuff and put it into the other conatiner that I mentioned earlier.
 We put both bottles of the BBQ sauce in ours. Mix it in small amounts, til it is all covered well.
 This is what it should look like when it is done. You can eat it by itself, or in sandwich form, which is what we do.
 Tadaaa! All done.  I can eat this for days!
Enjoy!
Courtesy of Tyler Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...