Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes

Hello to all, and a big Happy Bunny Day too! Okay, raise your hand if you feel like I have been slacking with the blog posts lately. Mine is up too! What is the dealio? Well, as dorky as this may be, I have to say it. I have been Geocaching my booty off.  I've been knee deep in trees, spiderwebs, and dirt. We've been making our own, and  hiding them all over town too! So, I'm so sorry for the slackage! I will be back to baking in no time, don't worry your little tail off. Speaking of tails, I found this recipe for cupcakes featuring my fave Easter candy, Cadbury eggs. I don't think that I need to go into detail about how yummy that this is going to be. I will just get down to it. Here is what you need.
 Devil's food cupcakes
9 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self rising)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 ounce unsalted butter at room temp
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs (at room temp)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup whole milk

For the frosting
20 Cadbury creme eggs (scooped out, saving shells for decor and filling)
1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
6-8 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
milk to thin frosting (if needed)

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line 2 cupcake pans with liners.
Sift together cocoa powder, salt, cake flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
 This is what it looked like after being sifted.
 In a electric mixer bowl, or by hand, beat together the butter and sugar for 5 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
Add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides to make sure all is mixed. This was the closest I got to smooth and creamy.
 Mix together the water and milk.
Stir half of the dry mixture into the butter mixture.
 Add your milk/water to the mix also.
 Add the rest of your dry mix.
 This is your finished product.
 Fill your cupcake liners 2/3 full. The directions say bake for 20-22 minutes. Mine came out a little dry, so I would start with 17 minutes, and check them.
 Start cutting your cadbury eggs in half. We ended up cutting ours wide, because cutting them down the actual line that they have broke them. You will see what I mean when you try to do it. Scoop all of your inside creme into a bowl.
 Here are the eggs in half.
 Get all of your frosting materials together. Place the butter in your large mixer bowl. Add 4 cups of powdered sugar and the vanilla.
 Place on medium speed mix until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Gradually add the remaining sugar, one cup at a time. Beat well after each addition (about two minutes) until the icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency. We used about 5 cups, and that was plenty of sugar! If it is to thin, you can add some of your milk.
 Add the creme centers and beat until well mixed. If you need to, add some milk to thin it out.
 Finished frosting.
 All ready to go.
 This is the finished product with an egg on top of each.
 Next time I will add some more pizazz to them. 
Happy Easter to all!!!
Courtesy of with sprinkles on top!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...