Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries with Milk Chocolate

I came across this recipe the other day on StumbleUpon. If you haven't been to that site yet, go right now! Well, not right now, stay on my blog for awhile. Then, go right away to StumbleUpon. I am an addict, and my sister is to blame. She will tell you that our brother is to blame. It's a family addiction, but we are okay with it. Anyway, I found a recipe for Cheesecake stuffed Strawberries. Oh my goodness, I thought to myself. Soon you will be in my belly. Anywho, I printed this one out as I read it, and bought the items right away.  All you need is the following;
 -Strawberries (I used 3 16oz cartons)
-1 Box of Jello No Bake Cheesecake
-1 1/2 cups of Milk
-Graham Crackers
-Milk Chocolate (if you want it with Chocolate drizzle)
First you are going to wash all of the berries. I would place them in the fridge afterwards while you do the next step so that they stay stiff. This will make it easier to hollow out the centers.
 Next, prepare your Jello No Bake mixture. Place the mix and your milk in the mixer.

Mix for 30 seconds on low speed. Then, mix on medium for 3 minutes. The mixture should be thick at this time. I placed this in the fridge.
Take your Strawberries out of the fridge, and begin to hollow them out. I used a peeler becaue it had a sharp tip and side. Be careful not to puncture a hole in the Strawberry.
 I took 4 squares of my Grahamn crackers and placed them in a grinder. I didn't make them dusty, I just made them so they were little pieces.
 Here is the end result.
 Next, I took my Cheesecake filling and put it in a Ziplock bag. I cut a small hole in the edge.
 I then squeezed the filling into my Strawberries.
 Then I dipped them into my Graham powder.
 I then melted a little bit of chocolate on the stove, using the double broiler method. I always have trouble with this, it never seems to go my way. So, instead of drizzling the chocolate, I dipped half the strawberry. These are the end results.

They were very good. I would, however, put a little something into the cheescake mix next time to give it a liitle more flavor. I did look for the Kraft cheesecake that comes in the tub, but my market didn't have it. I don't know if that one has a little more flavor or not.  Just food for thought...
Recipe courtesy of
Delicious Meliscious
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...