Friday, August 3, 2012

London Olympics 2012. Are you watching?

Photo courtesy of visiteastlondon.com

The summer Olympics are one of my favorite things to watch. When it's on, my tv channel really doesn't change. My favorite event is gymnastics. I was in gymnastics when I was little, so I have a fondness for the event. That being said, let me say Congrats to Gabby! You are awesome! Good for you! Congrats to the Women's team too! Team Gold..amazing!  I just finally watched the opening ceremonies. I know, I am a week late, I swear we have been busy. We actually watch half the events at like 2 in the morning.  I thought the ceremony was cool. I really wanted to see it because I had heard that it wasn't that great.  After watching it, I agree, it was no Beijing. That being said, it was about their culture and history, not Beijing culture and history, so how can you compare them? I thought that the forging of the rings was neat, and I liked the part with the children, showing their dreams and nightmares. Last but not least, how can you not laugh at Mr. Bean? What did you think about the ceremonies? What is your favorite event?

Also, has everyone seen this yet? I can't get it out of my head! I know that there have been like a million different versions of this, but I thought it was a good one!
Call me Lochte

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...