Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crazy caches!

I have been Geocaching like crazy lately.  Crazy. I've also been making my own personal caches too. That is why my blogging has gone under, big time.  Hey, what can a girl do? My first love is always baking, but right now it's summer, and I don't want to be cooped in a hot kitchen. I would rather be outside, in the heat, surrounded by forests, spiders, and whatever else is in the hole that I keep sticking my hand into. That being said, we have been finding some really neat caches!  Normally they are little containers with logs inside. My fellow cachers, however, have really been using their creative noggins. These are some of the ones that we have come across.
This was a really hard one that my hubby was lucky enough to find. There were a million rocks in this area, and he happened to be standing on the one that the log was in. Unbelievable.
Container with log. That was his find of the day. He had a pretty big head for the rest of the day. I can't blame him.
 ABC gum? Ewwwww. Yeah, it's out there folks. It's just waiting to be touched...
 I found this little guy under some leaves behind a pole. Knew it was a fake. Don't get me wrong, I rustled a few things around, and blew on it to see if it would move first, hahaha.
 What's up doc? A carrot container?
 Some of the crew playing on a tree. Didn't find this one, will have to go back later.
 One of the great things about Geocaching is what they called CITO. It stands for Cache in, trash out.  Not only are you supposed to be checking out nature while you are out there, you are supposed to keep it clean and preserved. This cache was perfect for that. This can was sitting at the bottom of a tree, all smashed up. When we picked it up, we found the cache.
 Tricky tricky.
Gather up your friends, get out there, and go caching. We've found so many amazing parks and sights that we have never seen before, and there all in the city that we have lived in for years.  Go have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...