Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor

This afternoon we went to one of my favorite places in South Florida, Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor in Dania Beach. If you've eaten there before, you know why it's a favorite. If you haven't, you need to go next time you're in the area. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.  Let me start by saying, the food is amazing. Not only is it big in size, but it's big on taste also. We mainly go there for the ice cream, but if you're hungry, grab a bite to eat there for sure.  This place has been featured on the Food Network a bunch of times, so you know it is legit!
So here was my drink today, it was pretty much an pitcher.
I shared the hot dog with my hubby, because I never even come close to finishing it.
Without a doubt, some of the best cheese fries on the planet.
The rest of the crew had Pastrami sandwiches. You can't even fit it in your mouth.
We took a short break to take some pics of their candy section. Jaxson's has all of the old time candy from when I was little. They have Big League Chew, old candy cigarettes, and little milk carton bubble gum, and more!
Here is an old time Penny Machine.
Some of the fun decor they have.
They have an popcorn maker and they make the popcorn there before bringing a bucket to your table.

Okay, so on to the ice cream. This time I had a Strawberry Banana Split with Cookie Dough, Oreo, and Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.
 This was Craig's mom sundae.
 Craig had the Soup Bowl. It had Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream.
He covered it in Caramel...
So this is a picture of a man holding a kitchen sink. Weird right? The thing is, is that they serve a dessert item called "The Kitchen Sink." They actually take a kitchen sink and put 4 giant scoops of ice cream in it, and the spoons you use are actually soup ladles. I know all of this because years ago, I ordered this item. My friends and I actually had to stand up to eat it. An air horn went off, and the next thing I saw was a sink with 4th of July sparklers in it! It was intense. People were taking pictures of us the entire time, it was quite awkward, but worth it my friend.
Me, Rose, and our waitress. She has been our server the last few times we went.
Monroe Udell is the owner of Jaxsons, and actually had a street named after him.
Craig inside "The Sink"
The guys inside an split!
Have a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...